All six graduates of the collegial jewellery arts program, offered in collaboration with the Cégep du Vieux Montréal, will exhibit their work at Galerie Le 1040, located at 1040 Marie-Anne Street, in Montréal, from November 25 to 29, 2020. Visits will be by appointment, via this link.
The exhibited works were created during the graduates’ last year of studies, which took place partly in our studios and partly remotely, given the circumstances specific to this year 2020. Designed and made by our students, the jewellery pieces on display apply the many techniques they learned during their three years of training. The exhibition will reveal each artist’s unique approach to materials, processes and styles.
The École de joaillerie de Montréal is pleased to collaborate with Galerie Le 1040, whose inspiring space will host a number of one of a kind pieces as well as limited edition collections.
The theme DÉCHAÎNÉ∙E∙S refers not only to the vibrant nature of the creative minds brought together in this exhibition, but also to the chain, a recurring element in jewellery. By transcending the chain and its associated visual language, each artist develops new formal proposals that define their own language and vision of jewellery.
We are delighted to unveil some of the works that you will have the opportunity to admire starting next week at Galerie Le 1040. To learn more about each artist’s process and inspirations, read our article The 2020 DEC Graduates.
1. Pendant, Spinner d’or, 2020. Sterling silver, 24k gold.
2. Ring, 2020. Sterling silver, CZ.
3. Neckpiece, Scarabée, 2020. Sterling silver, 14k gold, garnet.
1. Ring, Objet V, 2019. Sterling silver, lapis lazuli.
2. Ring, Objet IV, 2019. Sterling silver.
3. Brooch. Objet XII, 2019. Sterling silver, 18k gold.
1. Ring, Bouquet, 2019. Sterling silver, tanzanite, garnet, pearls.
2. Ring, Rubis II, 2020. Sterling silver, ruby.
3. Brooch, HUG, 2020. Sterling silver, shells, pearl.
1. Brooch, 2020. Sterling silver, cold enamel, tsavorites, garnets, blue topaz.
2. Ring, Fleur, 2019. Sterling silver, citrine.
3. Ring, Twist, 2020. Sterling silver.
1. Bracelet, Melbourne, 2019. Sterling silver.
2. Ring, Rome, 2019. Sterling silver, cultured pearl.
3. Brooch, 2020. Sterling silver, 24k gold, copper wire.
1. Neckpiece, 2019. Sterling silver.
2. Ring, 2019. Sterling silver, CZ.
3. Ring, 2019. Sterling silver.
Wednesday to Sunday, November 25-29, 12-6 pm
Visits by appointment
Galerie Le 1040
1040, Marie-Anne Street
Photos: Anthony McLean
The ÉJM and the 2020 graduates wish to thank the Cégep du Vieux Montréal Foundation for its generous support